Where to go for UK tax Advice ?

Where to go for UK tax Advice ?

If you’re in the UK and you want some UK tax advice, then where is it best to go for advice?

Where you go will usually depend on whether you’re seeking advice for your personal financial matters, or for help with business taxation.

Personal Taxsion:

The government agency responsible for tax matters is HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC). HMRC has a large website with a number of standard downloadable leaflets covering common taxation issues.

HMRC also offer a phone hotline and there are also offices in most towns and cities. You can normally call into the HMRC offices without an appointment, although sometimes you may have to wait a short while. Bear in mind that tax offices get very busy at certain times of the year, particularly around deadline dates for self assessment or company year ends. In particular the offices are likely to be very busy around the end of the standard financial year at the beginning of April. If your matter is not related to something associated with the end of the financial year then it’s usually best to avoid seeking tax advice at this time of year.

Although it’s possible to send queries by post or email, HMRC are known to have a huge work backlog. In many cases it can be many weeks or even months before your matter is investigated. If your tax issue is related to your job then it’s often a good idea to see if your employer can assist you.

If your tax problems are more serious and you want independent advice then it’s worth calling the Citizen’s Advice Bureau (CAB). The CAB have branches in most UK towns and cities. Many of their offices have dedicated members of staff to help with complex financial matters. If they’re unable to help then they will usually be able to point you in the direction of someone who can.

If your personal finances are in a mess then it may be worthwhile finding a local tax advisor. He or she will be able to help you sort out your tax problems. In some cases they may even be able to save you thousands of pounds worth of tax.

Business Taxsion:

Again, HMRC have a number of leaflets available on their website. These leaflets deal with the more usual tax queries surrounding company formation, taxation matters relating to employees as well as how to file for corporation tax. If your business is a UK limited company then companies house may also have the information you need regarding Corporation Tax.

Rayvat-UK is a taxation expert with specialist tax information available for businesses. Their publications target a number of key areas of business taxation. Publications include assistance on saving tax, setting up salary sacrifice schemes and the tax efficient benefits of forming a limited company.

Finally there are many small and medium sized local businesses that can help you with your business finance matters. Companies include Tax Assist Accountants, who have a large number of branches throughout the UK. Companies like these can often be good value for money, as they can often suggest sufficient tax savings in order to more than pay for their services.

So if you’re looking for UK tax advice then there are a number of different organizations that can help with your tax matters.

Contact here for the tax Advice & preparation services for business.

Related Posts